Monday, December 29, 2008

An Image-Heavy Christmasy Post

Well, Christmas has come and gone for another year. We had an awesome one!! The fun started on Christmas Eve, when Brian and I opened our gifts to each other. We went ahead and did our gift-opening on Christmas Eve since we'd be visiting family all day Christmas Day.


I got him a Lansky Deluxe 5-Hone Sharpening System and the clamp that goes with it, so he can start sharpening things himself, such as knives. And such. :D

He was happy.


Next, it was my turn. Please excuse the bedhead and pajamas. It's Christmas Eve morning, you know. I was worrying about what was in that little box, not my appearance. :D


It's a SLICE!!!!!! I'd been wanting one of these!!! Brian says that he and my sister, Ginger, were in cahoots together on this and she got it for him at Hobby Lobby (using a coupon, no less, which made me so proud!!) and secretly gave it to him at his birthday party. And he kept it hidden and wrapped it himself!


So I had lots of fun playing with it Christmas Eve. It's my first die-cutting machine, and I LOOOOOVE it!! It's really awesome and I can't wait to get more of the design cards!

Next, we headed down to my parents' house for Christmas Eve supper and to open one gift.

Here's my Daddy, looking festive in his Santa hat.



And my Mama and sister, Ginger, modeling the fleece hats Brian made for them.


I got a cute little silicone "gator" to use when handling hot things. Yay! He's so cute!


And, here, on my Mama's tree, is one of my very first paper crafts. I had to take a picture. I'm not sure how old I was when I made this. How sweet that she still puts it on the tree. And look at how well it's preserved! Go, Mama!


Then, we went home and headed back down for Christmas Day.

Here's Ginger, opening a gift. Oh, yeah, notice the shorts and t-shirt. It was HOT on Christmas Day. Gotta love Georgia weather. Ugh.


And here's Daddy, opening a present.


And Mama.


Brian and me.


Here's my sweet 85-year-old Maw, who visited with us on Christmas Day. She has on the cute pink fleece hat and scarf Brian made for her.


Our niece Jessica, and nephew, Christopher. Gift-opening was such a frenzied blur of activity, this is probably the best picture I got of them!


I had to get a picture of the outside "tree face" wearing Christmas antlers. Ha!


Everyone is always so sweet and remembers the kitties with gifts, so after we let them open their presents, Black Kitty decided she would claim the whole pile. :D


So, there's a quick glance at our Christmas. There are so many more pictures (I took more than 300!!) but those are some of the best.

Hope you all had a great holiday and are looking forward to the new year!! Happy 2009!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails