Sunday, December 14, 2008

Brian's Birthday Party

Brian turns 34 on Wednesday, but we had a little family party for him yesterday. Just immediate family came--my parents, Brian's parents, my sister Ginger and our nieces, Kyrie and Alita.

I took this picture before the party. All was calm, all was bright. ;D


Getting the kitchen ready for the party.


My parents were the first to arrive; Brian holds my Daddy captive in a discussion on straight razors. :)


Mama and Daddy hanging out, waiting on everyone else to arrive.


Daddy, me and Mama in front of our front door.


Brian and me in front of the mantel.


And then, the "entertainment" arrived. :) Alita and Kyrie try out the new pink fleece hats Brian made for them.

They loved the hats and hardly took them off the whole night.


Brian opens presents!!


Among Brian's gifts: The Jerk. Awesome.


The girls waiting on their plates.


Brian blows out the candles on the cake I made and decorated poorly. :)


Again, I say, VERY poorly. I drew the ukulele, but it was very hard to "draw" and "write" with the icing. This was my first attempt at cake decorating. It's hard!!

Anyway, I was glad when we cut into it so I didn't have to look at it anymore. Brian loved it, though. He's so sweet.


After we ate, it was Turtle Time! The girls just HAD to play with my collection of turtle stuffed animals.





Brian posing with Alita and Kyrie in front of the mantel.


And Brian with his parents, even though I promised Brian's mama I wouldn't put this picture on the Internet. Oh well. Maybe she won't be too upset. :)


We all had a great time, although the girls made it a little crazy!

I'll update again Wednesday with a special birthday post. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, God, thank you SO MUCH for not posting a picture of me with my hair all flat and lookin' a straight mess.

The cake was beautiful and delicious, too!!!!

Love ya!!
Ginger

MindyRadio said...

I think the cake looks great. I've never tried to make anything more than an Angel food cake for Ryan's birthday.(Thankfully he's not a big cake eater) I really hope you add a picture of it on his b'day LO!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails