Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Post In Which I Gripe About Georgia Weather And Post Some More Layouts. And Ramble. :D

I cannot believe it is almost Spring. Ugh. Pollen and nastiness. Also, Spring lasts for like five minutes here. And we haven't even had a decent Winter. It was hot at Christmas, and we have had a few weeks of cool weather, and maybe a few DAYS of actual cold weather. Other than that, it's been mild-to-hot. I am a Winter kind of girl. I might have to move.

Right now, the weather is nice. It's in the 70s during the day and down to around 40 at night. But it won't last, noooooo. This bearable weather will be fleeting.

Because Summer is coming, and fast. I hate a Georgia Summer. Hot, muggy, humid, gross, nasty, HOT, disgusting and did I mention, HOT? From May to November. It truly sucks. We have two seasons: Summer and Not Quite Summer.

Anyway, just wanted to vent a little.

Here are some new layouts I got done this week. The first one is of Brian and me. One of the pictures is from our wedding, 12 years ago, on February 8th, 1997. The other pic is on our anniversary this year, February 8th. We are 12 years into Forever....awwwwwwwww....




The next layout is of Black Kitty, posing like a little kitty supermodel. She very rarely poses and sits still like this, so I had to do a layout using these pics.




And another of Black Kitty, enjoying some windowsill time. :)




There is a lot we want to do with the house this Spring. We have already started buying stuff--new blinds, light fixtures, etc. We want to paint just about every room in the house. We rented it for 5 years before we bought it last September, so we can finally infuse our style a bit more. We would also like to do something with the Weedy Wasteland that is our yard. But that'll be Brian's job, mostly--I kill any plant that doesn't kill me first. And some have tried. :D

We are also in the process of getting a new dining table and chairs from IKEA; we're just working out the logistics of getting it to our house from IKEA Atlanta. Renting a truck or van is always an option, and was our first thought. But our friend, Billy, has offered to bring it down the next time he comes this way for a delivery (he manages a bakery that supplies breads to Georgia and a couple other states). So, yay! That was very nice of him.

Also, I need to Spring clean. Bad. This time of year gives me the urge to purge and scrub and clean. But I procrastinate. Bad. I usually go online and read tips about organization and cleaning, and get so sucked into that, that I don't actually DO any of the organization and cleaning. I want to do better this year. At least I did already clean out a huge walk-in closet that was packed to the ceiling with crap from when we moved in FIVE years ago. That was a huge undertaking. There's still a few boxes from that ordeal to sort and donate.

So, I guess that's about all that's going on right now. I should probably go scrub something. Or at least read about it. :D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know you ain't fixing to move!!

BK is sooooo pretty!!!! :D

Love ya!!
Ginger

Teri said...

Love this layout, so cute and put together nicely.

MindyRadio said...

At least you don't have REAL winter from November to May like we do! UUGGHHHHH, Maybe we should switch houses for a year and see how well we survive....lol It's 54* here today and it might as well have been 70* we were all out in short sleeves.

Jill Sarginson said...

Okay, let's switch - you can live in CANADA and I'll go and live in Georgia! :D

I've been married 12 years this year too (Aug). We both got married young! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails