Monday, June 18, 2012

Embrace The Current Season

Gabrielle Blair said, "Embrace the current season of your life."  OK, Gabrielle, here goes!  It's almost officially Summer on the calendar, and I am pleased to say that so far, Summer has been on her best behavior.  Mild temps, mostly in the 80s, and those have been welcome!  But the local weather man says Summer is about to bust out some mid-to-upper 90s foolishness later this week.

You know what, Summer?  That's ok.  Bring your hotness.  I will embrace it.  I can't say that I won't oftentimes be embracing it inside in the air conditioning, but I will embrace it all the same.

I will live life, savor it, cherish it, and not wish away the precious days that Summer brings.  Even if they are hot and uncomfortable, those days are still important.

So, here's a little photography of life lately.  On the cusp of Summer.



















Just a few shots I took with this:




It's an old Minolta film lens that Brian found in our local Goodwill for $7.07!!  A 50 mm f/1.7 prime.  I have been wanting it, and was going to eventually order it.  For $150!  But instead, I got it for seven bucks!!  This one is in mint condition, with clean glass and just a small bit of cosmetic wear.  We just could not believe our luck.  I shoot Sony.  No, I'm not a Nikon or Canon girl.  I'm a Sony girl.  I have a Sony dSLR, and since Sony bought Minolta back in 2006, I can use all the old Minolta film lenses on my Sony dSLR.  I think this is super-duper cool, because there's just a different quality to film lenses that is really amazing.  The coating on these lenses was optimized for film, which just gives it a different look and feel.  But they're still usable on a digital camera, so it's like the best of both worlds!  Amazing, vibrant color reproduction and sharpness.  I have a Sony 50 mm f/1.8 that performs beautifully, so I am ecstatic to have two amazing "nifty fifties" in my arsenal.  I also have an old Minolta 24 mm prime, which is excellent as well.  Oh, and I'm not a zoom lens girl, either.  I shoot only primes.  I love the lightweight, small size of primes and the wider aperture capabilities.  They are sharp and excellent in low light.

I am looking forward to embracing the rest of this season.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails