Thursday, January 28, 2010

Another One Bites The Dust

Another hairdryer, that is. You may remember this post about when my hairdryer died. You might even remember this scrapbook layout I did about the whole unpleasant situation. That was not quite a year and a half ago, and that new Revlon I bought? Showing signs of early demise.

A couple days ago, I noticed it sounded *very* sick when it was used on the high setting, like, lots of rattling, shaking and terroristic threats to my hair. The low setting, however, is much nicer, so at least it's still *useable*. However. On the high setting, it takes about 5 minutes to dry my hair. On the low setting, it takes closer to 15. Maybe 20. So you see the obvious problem here. Unless I wanted to take a chance on the hairdryer blowing up in my hand while using it on the high setting, or, I wanted to just resign to a life of extremely long and angsty blow-drying, I would need to get a new hairdryer. Again.

In case you don't remember, I LOVED my Conair. I didn't get a Conair this last time because I was desperate, choosing from the selection that Wal-Mart had. Well, not this time, peeps. I knew I must seek out the Conair. Brian and I went to Target last night because I figured they'd have a better selection than Wal-Mart. Bingo.

A whole wall of dryers, curlers, and other hair accoutrement was there on display, not just with adequate stock--they were out of the boxes as samples you could hold and try out. So, of course, I did. :D



Brian took that picture with the camera on his phone. It's craptacular!!

(Brian also had Happy Fun Time throughout Target taking pictures of random things, then posting them on his blog with hilarious descriptions if you wanna check that out, too.)

Anyway, that Conair is almost identical to my loved-and-lost one. Unfortunately, they discontinued my old one, so I couldn't get that exact model, but this one was very similar. This made me happy. Can't you see the glee on my face?!

Plus, it had a nifty little orange clearance sticker on it. Sweet.

I got that one, haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but I have no doubt it will be awesome.

This concludes your newest installment in my hairdryer saga. Hopefully the next chapter is far, far away from being written.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thing you got a Target near you. I hope the new dryer is just as good or better than your old one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails